Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Joe Dog??

watglen ยท 2010-03-01 17:35

hi guys, Here's a quick question for you. I need to pull a single drop float with a farm tractor. We use what we call a joe dog behind the tractor to hook up to any standard 5th wheel trailer. I have searched machinery trader and "joe dog" doesn't register. Is there another name in common usage i might search for? Thanks Ken

Replies5
  1. #1qball2010-03-01 19:14

    dolly converter gear

  2. #2Paystar2010-03-05 00:39

    Like qball said.....we call them converter dollies or joe dogs around here.

  3. #3watglen2010-03-05 07:30

    I am having trouble finding something because back axle setups on wrecked trucks bring a good price on the parts market. Nobody is turning them into dollys. Thats what i was told anyway.

  4. #4tonka2010-03-05 10:35

    http://www.truckpaper.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=340&bcatid=28 here is 260 of them....take your pick...

  5. #5Oldiron2010-03-08 18:57

    Here are a couple of canadian links http://www.littleleagueequipment.ca/ http://www.consignall.ca/browse/browseListings.php?categoryID=30 http://www.trailerguy.ca/