Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deer 325 ski steer

Kenrocker · 2024-10-30 11:32

Hi all I am working on a John deer 325 skid steer with the 5030tt001 engine the problem is I have no low pressure fuel. I have done all the checks of pick up tube lines and filters etc basically I need to know if the fuel transfer pump runs directly off the cam or is there some sort of follower? I replaced the pump already but after it won’t run with the new pump I dug in further to realize that whatever creates impulse for the pump is not doing its thing I can pump the plunger off the machine and both the old pump and new are fine. I should mention unit will fire so cam is turning

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612024-10-30 12:18

    Welcome to HEF Kenrocker ! Did you install a gauge into the fuel system? Did you replace the return check valve which sets the pressure?

  2. #2Kenrocker2024-10-31 00:27

    Yes zero fuel pressure I put fuel line to a jug on the suction side and returned the delivery side into the jug no fuel moves while cranking yet I can remove the transfer pump and pump it by hand squirts fuel good. What I need to know is if the fuel transfer pump is driven directly from a cam lobe or is there some kind of follower?

  3. #3mg23612024-10-31 05:31

    Driven directly off a cam lobe.

  4. #4Kenrocker2024-10-31 12:42

    Ok thanks I will have to dig in deeper