Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deer 690 d lc want swing

chris allen ยท 2015-02-20 21:57

Hey guys ,, been working on a friends old 690d excavator,, of course someones had there hands on it before ive jumped in it, at first off I noticed the swing brakes wasn't working,also it had a god awful roar when swinging side to side, also it poured hyd. oil outta swing gear box assembly,, needless to say I removed swing motor an box an replaced all the bearings an races an brakes in the box,,an reinstalled it all back to excavator an sat the swing motor back on top of it, an of course when started up it wouldn't swing at all, it all went together easy without any issues. im just wandering if my hoses are tie in to there correct locations, I put them back were I though they came off from,, but like I say someone did have this apart prier to me. im just wandering is the plumbing correct,,, but when I try to swing side to side the machine bogs down cause the swing brakes are still applied, Ive looked at parts breakdowns of the plumbing an some looks like my stuff an some don't, on one side of the drive box are 2 fittings on top of each other (a small an a larger one) and on the otherside theres a large one,,, ive gotta figure out witch ones the oil for the brakes an do I have my hoses right. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS BOUT THE PLUMBING,,,, may have to remove brakes an tear down an look over but I think its in the plumbing,,, any help out there.

Replies2
  1. #1joeblow2015-02-22 20:38

    When you took the swing motor apart what did the port plate look like? I think that the motor was assembled wrong and the case pressure blew the seal to the reducer.

  2. #2chris allen2015-02-22 21:23

    Hey fella, I never took the swing motor apart,,, we had sent it off for repairs an needless to say it was lost at the shop, so we purchased an used one, but the swing gear box was bad an pouring hyd. oil out the bottom, were not sure if swing motor was bad we just sent off to get looked at, but I had took the gear box apart an replaced all brake discs an plates an bearings,,, im trying o figure out if my hoses are hooked back in rite,,, as in brake release an lube line an return.