Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 120 throttle problems

Ian Brady · 2022-12-05 03:33

I have a John Deere 120 I cannot get to throttle up or down. Replaced stepping motor and throttle dial. When key is switched on the stepper motor sweeps about 1/2 inch either direction then stops. When throttle control dial is moved you can feel a slight bump in the motor but it doesn’t actually move the arm. It seems like it may have to do a learn procedure but there is no switch that it seems people are talking about. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2022-12-05 09:49

    The learn switch should be directly to the right of the fuse box panel. If it doesn’t truly exist , the part # is 4359384 . Looks like it might come with the small guard to prevent accidental bumping of the switch.

  2. #2Ian Brady2022-12-05 10:25

    Well it turns out that you’re 100% correct and I couldn’t see behind the guard without my flashlight which I brought with me this am. I did a relearn and machine throttle works normal again. Thank you!

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-12-05 22:52

    I love a story with a happy ending.! Thanks for updating this thread. Happy tractoring..

  4. #4skyking12022-12-05 23:51

    Nice! I just went through a new computer install on our 120 and have been through this recently. Good going pumpguy.