Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 120c No crank problem

nthaler ยท 2015-12-08 13:27

I have a 97 John Deere 120c and when starting it the past few days i have had to cycle the key a few times and then it would start. I started it today and it ran fine until i hit a bump while tracking, The machine shut down and now when i turn the ignition key i have no lights on the instrument display. There is no clicking and no crank. There is no indication that you have turned the key. I was thinking bad ignition switch so i checked for power ar the back of the switch and i have power. I checked the safety relay and found a lose terminal which i then tightened " still nothing when trying to start" I jumped the safety relay and got lights on the cluster but still wont start. i checked all of the fuses behind the seat and found no problem. i ordered a new ignition switch from Napa and it will be here in the morning but im not sure this is the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies5
  1. #1tool_king2015-12-08 22:23

    Did you check the wire going starter relay and starter grounds ?Check to make sure your safety lever switch is not faulty.What is your email address .I can send you a schmatic.

  2. #2120c no sstrt2025-03-07 16:41

    can you send me the shematic my email is : [email protected]

  3. #3tool_king2025-03-08 16:59

    No problem on the way .

  4. #4120c no sstrt2025-09-14 12:20

    Didn't get anything in my email...

  5. #5tool_king2025-09-14 20:58

    On the wa