Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 135G / Hitachi ZX135US-6 attachment setting

Bullitt ยท 2024-03-08 12:52

I installed a thumb and I can't get the settings right. It's a progressive lever thumb. I'm trying to set it so that the bucket will overpower the thumb to avoid damage. My settings options are: Attachment relief valve: Both disabled / attachment relief is enabled / breaker relief is enabled Attachment selector valve: C/V or O/T Aux flow combiner valve: enabled / disabled Attachment relief pressure: min 10mpa / max 36mpa No matter what I do with relief setting setting the selector valve to O/T makes the thumb so weak its useless, and setting it to C/V makes it so strong it will overpower the bucket cylinder. Does anyone have experience installing thumbs on these machines?

Replies9
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-03-08 14:00

    The auxiliary circuit relief valves are in the main control valve and need to be adjusted manually. Screenshot below. .

  2. #2Bullitt2024-03-08 15:20

    Isn't this electronically control variable relief?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-03-08 16:11

    No

  4. #4mg23612024-03-09 06:57

    Actually, yes, it could be, depending on the serial number. The "E" serial numbers were mechanical. The "F" serial numbers, there was a serial break (unpublished) as to when they switched to electronic. Easy enough to check. Look at it. Wires or no wires? Set it to attachment relief enabled if you have the electronic relief. Set to C/V (control valave). O/T (oil tank) is for breaker operation. Set to disabled. This is for two pump flow, which you do not need for a thumb. Most thumbs are 11 MPa (1700 psi) - 16 MPa (2300 psi). When setting the auxiliary relief pressure, don't assume the setting you pick it for will be 100% correct. Double check by dead heading the function and watch the pressure in the monitor.

  5. #5Bullitt2024-03-09 17:00

    You are a incredible wealth of info mg2361. I feel like a total idiot for messing with MPDr and the monitor for all that time Friday afternoon. I just seen this in ServiceAdvisor "The following procedures describe how to set, confirm, and adjust the aux relief pressure for an attachment. These procedures apply to machines with serial numbers 500187 and later" and my machine is #500017 What I find crazy is that there is no mention on how to adjust earlier # machines. Furthermore Hitachi manuals don't mention either early or late module procedures even as much as SA does. I'm going to put eyes on the relief Monday and confirm its not electronic. Can't wait, this is the last thing I need to do to this machine after replacing the swing drive reduction gear box, replacing a track link, and a full fluid and filter replacement. Honestly one of the best T4F excavators I've put my hands on, so little issues with it and it has tons of ability.

  6. #6mg23612024-03-10 06:27

    Unfortunately, they don't mention the auxiliary adjustment except in written instructions for kit installs.

  7. #7Bullitt2024-03-11 17:52

    It's adjusted correctly now. It did not have electro-mechanical solenoids. The bottom one was a bit of a bear to get adjust correctly. Thanks for your help guys! Feeling like a John Deere tech it's all I have been working on lately.

  8. #8Markfitterirl2025-12-12 05:36

    Hi I was asked to see can I change the aux lines to work from the joystick instead of the pedal on a Hitachi zx130-6 . It already has a thumb wheel on the joystick, is there a kit to get this operational or how can this be done?

  9. #9mg23612025-12-13 06:14

    @Markfitterirl Check your messages.