Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 160c lc hydraulic thumb

plpllc ยท 2024-01-08 23:33

Was wondering how hard it would be to add a hydraulic thumb to my 160c lc excavator

Replies4
  1. #1skyking12024-01-09 02:28

    get the serial number and look up the factory parts needed at the online parts catalog.

  2. #2plpllc2024-01-09 08:31

    I have but was looking for something with little more detail. I know you have to put two relief values in the control valve but where and what esle do i have to do to the control valve to make it work?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-01-09 09:57

    Assuming you have factory auxiliary plumbing , the 2 relief valves should already be installed.

  4. #4CaptainE2024-01-11 16:18

    I just put one on my 230clc. I wouldn't say its that hard, but its very pricey. I believe the plumbing kit from hkx (recommended by here and mechanic) was close to 10kish, thumb cylinder from deere 5kish, 2kish for a used thumb, plus more for someone to weld it on, taxes etc. I hunted around scrap yards and ebay to piece it all together, but it took a long time. If i had to do it again, I probably just wouldve installed a fixed thumb and be done with it. But it is pretty nice. PM if you need more details if ya go ahead with it.