Hey lads I have a 2013 John Deere 180 excavator, getting a code 94-04 coming up as fuel pressure sensor voltage out of range low… Any ideas is it just the sensor or another issue ? Thanks in advance
Welcome to HEF Camron2020 ! With any new posting, it is highly recommended to post the machine's serial number. That way, thoise in the know can access accurate information. As with any pressure sensor code, if you have a good supply voltage (5V), good ground (0.1V or less) and a good signal wire back to the controller, then it could be just the sensor.
SN1FF180GXVCD020165 is the serial number, thanks for ur input … when testing the sensor with a volt meter, is there anyway to know what connector is what?
Pin 1: 5V supply Pin 2: Return (ground) Pin 3: Signal wire (varying voltage based on pressure measured). This wire foes to the ECU plug #1 (A5501) terminal 39. Measure by backprobing (carefully), not with the plug disconnected. When continuity checking the signal wire to make sure it is not open back to the ECU or shorted to ground, then both the sensor and the ECU need to be disconnected.
Awesome so if I back probe it I can leave the ecu connected and if I continuity check unplug the ecu? Not much of a mechanic myself just bought the shovel yesterday lol
Correct.