Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 200c lc

Jessee Crowther · 2022-07-04 15:40

Hey guys I have a John Deere 200c lc that starts fine cold but once it’s warm if you idle it down it will quit then won’t start. It won’t start till it cools down for about a hour an a half just cranks over no fire at all Just put a brand new injection pump on it that didn’t fix anything. Any ideas ? Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1mg23612022-07-05 05:17

    Welcome to HEF Jessee ! Fuel tank vent OK?

  2. #2Jessee Crowther2022-07-05 07:35

    Yes it is

  3. #3mg23612022-07-05 11:58

    Does it quit like you shut the key off, or does it quit slowly, like running out of fuel?

  4. #4Jessee Crowther2022-07-05 12:28

    It will start missing an running like crap then quit

  5. #5mg23612022-07-06 04:41

    Fuel supply and return hoses good. Pickup in tank plugged? Do you have the ability to check fuel pressure?

  6. #6Sheba01612022-07-06 07:40

    try running a new return pipe back to tank or container ,could be blocked or restricted return in filter head or banjo bolt

  7. #7John C.2022-07-06 09:45

    Have you checked for fuel strainers in the the suction side banjo bolts? Maybe an inline fuel filter put in somewhere?

  8. #8Jessee Crowther2022-07-06 12:47

    I blew through the lines but I don’t have a pressure gauge the problem is it’s two hours from home it’s expensive to get a mechanic till I get it home

  9. #9d9gdon2022-07-06 14:00

    It may have something floating around like a plastic bag in the diesel tank that gets sucked into the pickup tube, then floats away again as the vacuum is slowly lost when it quits.

  10. #10Jessee Crowther2022-07-06 14:09

    I don’t think that’s it but I will definitely check it out

  11. #11latreenbeast2022-07-06 14:15

    Diesel 101. Pull fuel and return to the same bucket, look for air in the return line, could be a injector issue?

  12. #12Jessee Crowther2022-07-06 14:22

    I feel like could be injector issue