Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 200LC batteries

DirtyHoe · 2022-03-20 11:30

Helping a friend getting an older 200LC running. What size batteries and cranking amps for this machine? It currently has 2 dead 12V car batteries in series with 810 cranking amps. There is room for bigger batteries. It's a 24V system. Also any free operators or parts manuals for this excavator? Or is it a dealer item? Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2022-03-20 13:39

    What I usually see in them are a pair of group 31 batteries. Plenty of room in there for a couple of 4D sized units.

  2. #2mg23612022-03-21 05:01

    They originally had (2) 4d batteries with 1400 CCA. Deere part # TY23020

  3. #3DirtyHoe2022-03-21 12:13

    John- This was a rush job on Sunday and we found 2 commercial group 31's at NAPA. Batteries went up in price. mg2361- Thanks for taking the time to find a part number. I will be needing your help on this project. Where can I find an operator's manual? Thanks!

  4. #4mg23612022-03-21 12:21

    John Deere bookstore, ebay, craigslist, etc. You probably won't find freebies.

  5. #5tool_king2022-03-21 21:30

    What's your email ? I can send you them .