Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 210 LE operating weight?

Palmer78 ยท 2012-03-26 15:23

Does anyone have the operating weight spec for a 210 LE skip loader with 4x4 and 4 in 1 bucket? I have found a spec of about 9100 lb but I think that is for 2 wheel drive and general purpose bucket. I'm not even sure if that includes the gannon box because 9100 lb seems a little light. I'm trying to figure out if I can legally tow this with my 3/4 ton pickup.

Replies9
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2012-03-26 16:30

    That 9100# is from RitchieSpec, and is no right. According to Deere, the current 210LJ, the updated version, has an operating weight of a little over 14,000#. That is more inline with my experience hauling them. Hauling with a 3/4 ton truck, depends on the trailer and the set up of the truck.

  2. #2Palmer782012-03-26 19:49

    No I didn't get the spec from Ritchie Bros. Can't remember where though. Yeah I saw the weight for the new deere skippy but I'm pretty sure the older LE is quite a bit lighter. John deere used to have specs for their older equipment on their website but they don't have that feature anymore. That figures. Anytime I find something that's actually useful it gets deleted.

  3. #3leisureexpress2012-03-27 10:34

    The specs are still on the www.deere.com . just not as easy to find as the non current backhoes. I entered "non current landscape loaders" in the search and this came up: http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/construction/non_current_products/landscape_loaders/DKA210LE.pdf

  4. #4captbob3202012-03-27 11:34

    Hello all ! My 2005 210LE 4x4 4in1 with wheel and hitch weights, box and ripper bar , 15,140 lb.

  5. #5The Engine Shed2012-03-27 15:24

    The JD test and service spec book lists it at 10,170 lbs for a 4x4 with a loader.

  6. #6captbob3202012-03-27 16:07

    From the Operators manual operating weight 10,170 add MFWD W/tires 370, hitch weights 530,wheel weights 1100, 84"box scraper w/Ripper bar 1520, Multipurpose loader bucket 1450, For a total of 15,140.

  7. #7Palmer782012-04-03 22:23

    OK, thanks. That would be way too much for a 3/4 ton truck especially considering the weight of the trailer that would be needed. I know there are people that will say they do it all the time, but I'd hate to be in their shoes if they get in a wreck or get pulled over and weighed by a commercial CHP (here in California).

  8. #8Xvator2013-08-16 11:00

    I've seen guys pulling a skip with a pickup. If u have trailer that carries the load and has elec. brakes it would be safe. Just slow on hills

  9. #9Dirt Clod2016-05-24 12:21

    Want to buy John Deere 210 Skiploader I'm looking for a John Deere 210 scraper tractor four-wheel-drive, four in one bucket with a Gannon scraper box. I am looking for a machine with under 3000 hours. I already own a case 570 XL 1998, 4 x 4, four in one bucket, Gannon box. 2930 hrs. I would be willing to trade, or sell for $24k. I am located in Napa California.