Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 219T Weight?

Timberland ยท 2023-11-21 22:40

Can anyone provide the rough weight of a Deere 4-219T with the radiator and hydraulic pump connected? Or the weight of a 4-219t with everything but radiator and hydro pump? My 450c dozer has tranny fluid leaking into the bell housing so gonna have to pull the engine. I need to know if my tractor can lift the engine where it sits or if I need to pay to have it hauled home to pull the engine. Also does anyone have experience with tranny fluid leaking into the bell housing? Here are the symptoms: The fluid continues to leaks with the machine shut down. It has leaked down to where oil on the tranny dip stick just registers (1/4-1/8 in on stick) n and now seem to have stopped. At this level it's 12 inches down from the top of the tranny case. 12 inches down would be roughly the top of the transmission filter outside cover. With this information and going off pictures online ( never had one opened up) the only thing I can think it's coming from is the big freeze plug thats in the front center of the transmission. Any other thought, ideas or tips for pulling a 219t from a 450c dozer is appriciated. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612023-11-22 06:32

    Don't have the spec for an old 450C, but a 4045 (which is similar in size to a 4219) weighs 1100 lbs. The big freeze plug also has an o-ring to help seal it, however the plug may have corroded from rust and now has a pin hole. The input shaft, while higher, likes to leak. There may be a small freeze plug on the bottom of that cover sealing a port that could be leaking as well. The two pipe threaded tubes don't usually leak, but could. And don't forget the gasket to the cover could be leaking. I would have some pictures to share of one I had just resealed, but they are at work and I'm not. To make getting the nose off easier, I disconnect the lift cylinders, then drive the machine up onto blocks of wood until the bolts on the side of the frame for the nose are accessible. Block the tracks so the machine can't move since the park brake cannot be used in this repair. Then leave it on the blocks for the entire repair. It will be a joy removing that bell housing.

  2. #2Timberland2023-11-22 11:10

    Mg2361 great information. I appreciate it, thanks. It will be a month or so before I start. If you think of it I would like to see you pictures