I’ve got a 240dlc excavator, machine was running then quit, have a water in fuel separator alarm drained then changed filters, alarm will not go away and machine will not start, in the trouble shooting menu I have codes 13334-2, 11910-2, 11914-2, 11920-2 and an 11302-4 and ideas where to start? Thanks
Welcome to HEF Jeff . 13334-2 ,Radiator Coolant Error ( monitor controller) . 11910-2 Actual Engine Speed Message Error ( CAN communication error) . 11914-2 Radiator Coolant Temperature Message Error (can communication error) . 11920-2 Fuel Flow Rate Message Error (can communication error) . 11302-4 , Boom Raise Pilot Pressure Sensor Low Voltage. I wouldn’t think any of those codes would create an engine no start issue. Any active Engine controller codes ? Did you bleed the fuel filters ?
Yes I bled the fuel filters. As far as engine controller codes I’m getting a no reply status on the engine governor controller.
That is why it won't start. That says to me that there is no communication from the engine controller (reflected in some of the above codes). Check the F8 20A fuse (unswitched voltage to the ECU), and the F16 5A fuse (switched power).
Checked those fuses and there all good, hit the key and it fired right up, moved the machine then shut it off and back to a no start with the same codes, I’m assuming I’ve got some wiring or controller issues to look for?
I would be checking the wiring very thoroughly before thinking about a controller.
I'll put down $50 on wiring/ connector issues.