Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 244j error code

AllersLawnCare ยท 2017-01-13 13:00

Anyone know what the error code E3011 on John Deere 244j is for?

Replies3
  1. #1512high2017-01-14 11:02

    Few things, what year? hours? last time oil change/filter?, Hydro/filter< fuel filters,air filters,etc. Call your Deere dealership or Nortrax, some may know off the bat. When you start machine or key on, is it there or comes on after a while? From what I have been told..an "e code" is some type of routine service needed, if its a "c code" that means critical , PLEASE LET ALL KNOW WHAT YOU FIND, there are a lot of smart people on this site and you can help others that may trigger the same code, if its on all the time, you may need a tech with service advisor software.

  2. #2AllersLawnCare2017-01-14 16:27

    Hi thanks for the information. The machine is a 2007, not sure of exact hours but it is a high time machine and I recently changed all engine fluids. The code would come up prior to the oil change and it seems to only come on when its really cold and during the first start up, after that I can cycle the key and its usually gone until the next cold start. I think I have something going on with a sensor or wire harness somewhere because the gauges do some funny things when I introduce any kind of even a small electrical load such as turning the lights on which are LED or something like the heater fan on, my temp gauge will instantly jump 15 to 20 degrees and then instantly fall back if I switch the load off, I'm sure its tied into that somehow.

  3. #3512high2017-01-14 16:54

    hmm, could be electrical, batteries, alternator, again out of my league , some dealerships are good where if you give them a code they might be able to lead you in the area of concern, but as a fellow 244J owner, if you find out what it is please take the time let us all know..philip