Ok, so I cannot get my skid steer to get out of park. What I know: The seat belt wires (and seatbelt) were cut some time back. I re-connected them with an in-line switch. I have been working along fine by starting up the machine and flipping the switch to act like the seatbelt was connected. A few weeks back it slammed to a stop while I was driving it and the motor died. I restarted it just fine but the peddles and the arm controls locked in place. They won't budge an inch. Flipping the parking switch ON, doing my seatbelt work-around and then flipping the park switch OFF no longer works. What happens now: The engine starts right up. I flip the park switch to P, do my seatbelt work around and nothing. I noticed today that if I turn the park switch to unpark, the seatbelt light goes OFF. The parking light still stays ON. So, even without doing my seatbelt workaround, the seatbelt light goes off (didn't happen this way in the past). If I remove weight from the seat, it turns the seatbelt light back on. So, I guess that the seat sensor works just fine. I find it weird that the park switch toggling back and forth will turn the seatbelt light off..... So, I'm guessing there might be a sequence issue? I checked the fuses and they are all fine. I was hoping it was that simple to replace the second fuse in the panel that might be blocking it coming out of park. Any thoughts? I know I should just replace the seatbelt.... I intend to do that anyway for safety. But, I don't expect that'll fix this issue. I'm hoping somebody has some suggestions. The dealer is 45 miles away and I am not sure how I'd even trailer this skid since it won't move!!!
We had a customer with the exact same problem on this model. There was a melted area in the electronic module that the brake switch connects to, could smell the burnt plastic when it was "sniffed", replaced with an upgraded modification kit available at JD