Hi, I have a John Deere 250 skidsteer. The hydraulics are very slow after operating for a short time. The gear pump was replaced 50 hours ago plus new filter and system relief valve and boom relief valve. Any thought or ideas would be welcome thanks. Machine located in Melbourne Australia.
The lift is slow or the drive or both. Does it havepilot controls
Hi the lift and tilt is slow, the drive is fine.Not sure if it has pilot controls.
Just checked out of website it has manual controls.
Maybe make sure that the auxiliary hydraulics arent engaged and have you run a pressure test yet
Checked aux hydraulics and there not engaged, no pressure check done as yet.
Ok maybe your relief valve is leaking
Ok I'll do some more checks on the machine.
I have a 1999 john deere 250 that is sometimes that way also. When I push the brake off switch sometimes it takes about 10 seconds for the brakes to release which isn't long but it seems like it. That might be unrelated or the pump might be weak on mine. As for the lift sometimes mine hesitates when I step on the foot controls and when I step a little harder they work so I'm assuming that's a linkage problem with the foot controls. Have you checked the linkages on your foot controls? When I opened mine up for the first time, I purchased it used I found about 3 inches of debris and junk in the pan and all around the valves so check the valves for stuff that could be jamming up the linkages also. One of my pins just started to squeal a little bit so that might be another thing to check for binding / or drag.