Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 255D Won’t shut off.

Josh L ยท 2019-07-09 20:03

Hey does anyone have a schematic they could send me for a John Deere 255 D? S/N: FF225DX501224 I've checked the easy stuff like relays and ignition switch but now I need the cheat sheet haha. Thanks, Josh

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-07-09 22:35

    IF it has an alternator.?? check that for feeding voltage to the sh-off sol.

  2. #2Josh L2019-07-09 22:58

    Hey thanks for the info, I should mention this problem continues without the engine running, it's like permanent key on. I suspected a rub in ignition harness.

  3. #3mg23612019-07-10 06:02

    Serial number ? Ignition switch good? Check the K14 relay behind the seat. See if there is voltage to pins 2 and 24 to the ECU with key off. If voltage to 24, that is from the key switch. If voltage to pin number 2 (with no voltage to 24) that is from the relay. Keep in mind that if the switch is bad or wire shorted to a power source supplying pin 24 with voltage then voltage will be at pin 2. Relay should be all the way to the right (2 relays stacked) bottom one (behind the seat). I suspect a power issue on the wire from ignition switch because that circuit supplies all the controllers with switched power.

  4. #4Josh L2019-07-10 07:59

    Thanks mg. The pin numbers help, I'm definitely leaning the same direction since I had the power on still with relay pulled and ignition switch disconnected from harness.

  5. #5Josh L2019-07-10 08:30

    FF225DX501224 That is the serial number by the way.