Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 260 Series II

clansing1 ยท 2010-09-12 19:06

I purchased a JD 260 Series II Skid Steer recently. I replaced the fuel filter when I got. The skid steer will run fine for about 3-4 hours, then it loses power like it is not getting fuel. When I replace the fuel filter, it runs fine again. I'm thinking that maybe the fuel has sand or something in the tank. It is possible to flush the tank with out removing it? Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1stovein2010-09-12 20:08

    It's not getting air locked because of cap vent being plugged is it?

  2. #2frogfarmer2010-09-13 18:09

    It does sound like a vent problem check the fuel fill cap closely.

  3. #3cutting edge2010-09-13 23:32

    I believe the vent is on top of the tank itself.

  4. #4lminter2402010-11-08 20:35

    for CLANSING 1, Check fuel pressure after fuel transfer Pump, or replaced pump