Hi Guys! Just discovered this site and looks like a good one! I have 2000 JD 260 that the seat light will not go out when the belt is fastened. Have bypassed both the lap belt safety and the one for the seat. Stays on but occasionally it will just randomly go out and everything works fine. Have traced all the wires to the best of my ability and everything seems fine. Have heard there are issues with the instrument cluster of gauges in the top of cab. Have blizzard conditions here in Northern Illinois and this is my snow moving machine. There will be some big drifts in the morning. Have tried to bypass the parking brake and solenoid for the lift and have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am sure I will be snowed in tomorrow morning. In fact, I probably am right now!! TIA Ironfarmer
The 260 has logic built into the control board above your head. It is always powered by the battery. It must sense the seat switch first then then the seat belt switch or it will not release the park or boom brake.