Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 26G Wont Start

CONCRETEQUEEN88 ยท 2024-10-14 17:16

Hello All! I'm Keri. I'm new to the site and in need of help desperately!! I have a 2019 JD 26G mini excavator that I dropped off to my mechanic and he's too busy to get to the tracks and hydraulic line that it needed. I have since done research and found i can do it myself since it's been 2 months now since it was dropped off and I need it for my Concrete business. I'm a woman and don't know a whole lot about mechanics but am a quick and determined learner. I'd hire a mechanic or tow company to get it but he's making it really hard to get ahold of him to get out to work on it. Now, went out recently and key was left on. Charged battery... nothing. Panel comes on but no turning over. It's popping at the safe relay.(Armrest up and disengaged to start) Replaced battery and terminals, ignition switch, and tested main fuse. Would like to jump it off the starter to get it out of his yard at least. I've also got a multimeter to go test the battery, starter, and fuses. I don't know where the starter is exactly, would love if someone had a 26G service manual? I'll pay for it! And if yall have advice for me on getting this running id sure appreciate it. I'm about to lose everything I've worked so hard for because I'm losing jobs! Thanks in advance! Oh and there was a 5amp little red fuse that was blown under the seat at the very top fuse. I didn't have a 5amp but tried a 10amp? Nothing still. Will get 5amp now before going out there again. Thx

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612024-10-15 05:24

    Welcome to HEF Keri ! The top fuse on the left? If so, that would be for the start relay. I can't supply a manual, however, if you check your messages, I sent you some information.

  2. #2Vetech632024-10-15 07:42

    THANK GOD! This place needs a woman's touch. Welcome to our little fold here! MG is one of the best here with Deere. You are in very good hands!

  3. #3CONCRETEQUEEN882024-10-15 08:33

    Awesome and thanks much! I really look forward to learning from you guys! Thanks!

  4. #4CONCRETEQUEEN882024-10-15 08:35

    Mg2361 Thank you so much! I really appreciate the info. Going to look now and head over there to get my machine! I can jump it off the starter most likely right? Unless it's the starter that's burned up? Thank you!

  5. #5mg23612024-10-15 12:02

    Yes, you can jump it at the starter, if you can get to it. Post up that picture of that wire here as well.

  6. #6Vetech632024-10-16 09:42

    Diesel Dave is also very knowledgeable on Deere stuff for sure. I would trust either of their opinions. As a matter of fact, if either of them told me my wife was cheating on me..........I'd believe them...............and neither have ever met or talked to her. LOL