I have a 99 JD270 that acts funny when first started, so you start machine turn off brake and activate hydraulics and try to lift boom or curl bucket and no go. Stranger yet it loads pump and will push boom down or roll bucket out no prob. I've gotten in the habit of rolling bucket out to lift front tires and then lifting boom still slow but helps. The more times you try to lift boom or roll in bucket the better and faster it gets till its normal. Any tips appreciated??? This machine has a new main pump and problem present before and after, Also moves around fine.
Mechanical or Hydraulic controls?
Mechanical and both seem to travel without obstruction.
I would tee into the base of the lift and tilt cylinders and observe the pressure on start up as the cylinders fail to actuate and then compare it to when the cylinders start to move. This will determine if you have a problem in the valve or cylinders
Just curious what could be wrong with cylinders on two separate circuits that would cause this problem? No doubt checking pressures is a good place to start.
On first guess I would assume something inside of the valve. But for strange problems to be remedied nothing can be assumed
Put a loop hose from coupler to coupler on the aux hyd and see if the trouble goes away. It works on some bobcats with solenoid controlled aux hyd when they have this problem. If it does you have crud in the solenoids.
check your pilot pressure at the spools and go from there
Mechanical aux and no pilot system.
so what was the problem I been having the same issues the bucket curls good but I have to keep trying to raise and lower the boom going up so dang slow and gos good going down I do this for a while than it starts to work alittle better after awhile.mines a 2001 with 725 hours on it