Good morning all, Picked up a new to me JD 270, I would appreciate any info I can get on this machine. First problem is the foot controls, what is the proper way to activate? the lever near your right leg doesn't seem to be connected to anything. There is no switches on the "dash", other than a light switch so I have no idea how to go from hand controls to foot. Second is the auxiliary hyd, should there be a switch for that or is that something I need to add? I have been going through the machine chasing down the electrical, mostly safety issues that have been bypassed, but any info would be helpful. I did get a pdf manual, but other than technical test type stuff, it's not very helpful.
not sure which manual you have, but this may help http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMKV11663_C1/Output/kv11663c15.html
Thank you Seville, That's the info I was looking for. The machine has a lot of hrs, and I'm not real familiar with the hand and foot controls. (operated machines with one, but not both) Do you have any idea, what the cable that would be coming under the left foot pedal is for? Taking the machine apart to clean debris yesterday, I came across a broken cable with a rusty pair of vise grips, locked down on it. The other end of the cable was connected under the plate in the middle of the machine. (forward/reverse plate?) The lever on the right (pedal lock?) should there be something connected to that? Thanks again for all your help, I've only had the machine for a few days so I sure I'll have plenty of questions in the future.
A picture of your handles would help. Sounds like you have hands only controls. Forward and reverse by moving levers front and back and hydraulics by tipping the handles left and right. The right foot pedal with the lever next to it is for auxiliary hydraulics and the lever is for locking that pedal so you don't accidentally engage the auxiliaries when you don't need them.
Thanks mg, Having everything apart on Wednesday, it looked like both pedals had linkage connected to them. I'll try and get some pictures within the next few days.