So I’ve got a 270LC it’s serial number 070328 (I believe tags long gone). So anyway it’s a farm machine so doesn’t see much use anymore this spring I went to use it and the batteries were dead so I put 2 new batteries in it and it seemed to fix it for a day then it wouldn’t start ended up the alternator was out so put a brand new one of them on then it started not staying running the fuel shut off quit then it started working again and then yesterday it quit and the machine died fuse number 5 was blown put a 10 amp in and blew instantly so put a 20 in and it worked so parked the machine till I can get this resolved so today I took the interior out and the pump controller is flashing red? Where do I start thanks
Whats your email ? I can email you manuals if you like .
Did it blow at key on or when you were cranking? If you have the cover off behind the seat you might as well check the V8 and V10 Fuel shutoff diodes. One is for the pull in and one is for the hold in for the fuel solenoid. The diodes are near the fuse block. They are not labeled. Look for one with a brown wire with a black tracer accompanied by a black wire (V8), and one with a red wire with a black tracer accompanied by a black wire (V10). Make sure those diodes are not shorted. Normal.
It Blew when the key was turned on, I went to the pump and unhooked it and the speed sensor and tried another 10 amp and it didnt blow i'm hopeful I had a bad connection there but i hightly doubt it, I still have no fuel solenoid and i checked and dont have power there so i will check the v8 and v 10 wire and glad to hear my pump controller is normal i was afraid i had a issue with it