Hi, Does anyone know of a source out there to get a reconditioned final drive? The final drive that was in there was manufactured by Hitachi. Machine is down, we need help! Machine serial number is CK290DS001118 Thanks, Tracy
Did you try the dealer?
Try RFE Distribution > http://www.rfedistribution.com/ or H&R Construction Parts > www.hrparts.com/final_drives.html#sthash.EY6ZvOyW.dpbs
no poop...a 290d likely still has power train warranty.
I believe the 290D was the same as the EX100-1 Hitachi from the late 1980's to the mid 1990's.
ahhh....brainfart......was thinking of the 290glc
It's obsolete and there are no replacement options. Every once in awhile someone will wreck one out for parts. But its usually being wrecked because of having bad finals. Parts, if still available, are only offered through Deere. We don't even offer repair and return on this unit due to the lack of parts availability. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
No problem cutting edge, I had to google 290D to be sure. Don't know if I've ever seen one, there were a few EX100s around but pretty scarce in this area.