Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 300b industrial tractor

Boobakar · 2024-04-17 14:27

Does anybody have a pic wiring diagram for 300b 1978(?) for ignition switch? Also, isn’t it just: Wire to battery : from starter though Wire to distributor Wire to starter solenoid on starter Am I missing something? Thanks for any help::

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-04-17 18:14

    No schematic here, but don’t forget the neutral start switch.

  2. #2mg23612024-04-18 05:33

    Check your messages.

  3. #3Boobakar2024-04-19 14:12

    Hey. Thanks for the help! Where is the starter switch (#4 on schematic) on the tractor? Is it under the shift levers right in front of seat? I have had tractor for ten years and never knew it had a switch??? Thanks!

  4. #4mg23612024-04-20 04:47

    My memory fails me. I think it is under the cover that is over the shifters. I think it will be behind left side shifter, on top, just behind the joint that separates the reverser housing from the transmission/differential housing. If it is in fact defective, there is an adjustment procedure (shims) for that switch.