JOHN DEERE 3032E (Not heavy equipment maybe???) We bought this tractor in May of 2015. It had about 20 hours on it and the sales guy said it was from people like us driving it on the lot. It was delivered and we bought it with a front bucket, 6’ mower and a landscape rake. The first week the left rear wheel fell off, (fault of the JD dealer, never checked the lugs). I found the transmission to be a quart low plus some other things they missed. Because of this they extended our warranty to 2021 or 1000 hrs. Since then an O-ring blew in the bucket line, sensor went out, guide wheels fell off the rake, (welds broke), and the bucket leaked down too fast, (they rebuilt the cyl’s). Just about 2 weeks ago another sensor went out and they transported it to their place to repair it. For the first time they sent me a transport bill for $107.00. I was shocked and complained but paid it. I told them that it was unfair to me to have to pay anything because of the poor job JD did in making the tractor. Now I find the front axle is leaking on both sides and I let them know but did not request a repair yet. It has been in their shop 3 times and a service mechanic has been here at least 6 times for repairs. Now, knowing all this, have I got a lemon??? Oh I now have 530 hrs on it.
Is it 2021 yet? Does 530 = 1000? I thought they extended the warranty? That was stupid to try and squeeze 107 bucks out of you. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but it sounds like a lemon to me. I think every state has its own definition of a lemon so better look it up to be sure. Read the fine print. I'd be pissed. Good luck.
I am in NC and we don't have a lemon law for tractors. I am 13 miles from VA and they do. Maybe I should pitch a tent across the border and claim it as my address. BTW, in small print that you see in a warranty packet when the tractor is delivered it says the customer pays for service calls and transport. However I read it as after the warranty has expired.
Sounds right to me. Ask them about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I have been hoodwinked. My JD dealer is trying to pull a fast one on me. When the dealer extended my protection plan to 2021 and 1000 hours he did it with PowerGard Protection Plan Residential. The plan is one of two and called “Comprehensive”. The plan has these features, (Comprehensive Coverage Plans Same bumper to bumper coverage as factory warranty $0 deductible and no out of pocket costs on covered repairs Transportation for repairs covered by factory warranty or extended repair protection). Unless I am reading it wrong, they owe me $107.00 and free transportation.
I don't think I would have paid that bill. If they didn't want to pay their mobile technician to service it at your place, they should have paid to move it. I'd be in touch with Deere directly [Customer Service?] and have them straighten out the dealer. You are probably going to have to deal with this guy for years to come with warranty work so don't go overboard, just factual. Pissed, but factual. Good luck. I think you'll get taken care of. The deere dealership here has always been real good - expensive, but good.