We use a couple loaders on our mulch and stone yard. Our 304h JD will occasionally error code 004 and will not go forward but it will reverse.Sometimes you can turn the machine off and back on and it will work perfectly, othertimes we cant get it to go forward at all. If you leave the machine and come back in 10-15 minutes it will work normally. It doesn't seem to matter if the machine is warmed up or cold. Although, It does seem to happen more ofter when the air temp is hot. I've replaced the shifter, forward solenoid, parking brake switch and parking brake pressure relay. This issue hes been going on for overr 1 year. Its driving us nuts. I was hoping someone here may have seen a similar problem and could give me some direction.
Did you ever find out problem?? I am having the exact same problem. I will let you know if I figure it out on my end. Otherwise any info you have would be helpful. Thanks
Monitor controls the voltage to hydrostatic solenoid for direction. It will slide up out of dash check connectors on back and pins in monitor sometimes I found if you twist it or tap it will cause code to appear. They seem to crack inside just a green board. What seems to cause the crack is if you slam bucket alot it cracks the green board. The vibration shakes the dash assembly that's what I have found.
I am not going to be much help here but when I saw the 304h I did a double take as one of my first oscilloscopes was a Dumont model 304h.I bought it used of course but was a terrific scope and was outstanding in that it had a blue trace which was very pretty to look at.My understanding was the color blue stood out more for photographing and was desirable when creating service manuals requiring waveforms and it seems that the word "military" was used in there somewhere. I still have the scope along with several more including an old Eico 625 but everybody has one of those.LOL,Ron G
Yes, unfortunately, we are still experiencing the same intermittent problem. I've found that slamming the entire steering column forward toward the windshield often helps?? I'm thinking about pulling the monitor, as suggested, and making sure the connectors are clean and tight. It makes sense if the monitor controls voltage to the shift solenoids. If the connectors are good I may try to price a new monitor, they are probably costly but so far nothing John Deere or myself has tried solved the problem.
Did you ever figure out the problem? Our machine does the same thing. I just pulled the monitor and it looks fine.