Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310A Driving

jubejube99 ยท 2025-05-21 13:07

Please tell me how to properly drive a 310a. Shuttle shift and clutch. Can you change gears like a car driving down the road? Do you turn the shuttle shift to neutral when you shift? I don't seem to be able to shift gears when moving they just don't want to go in. Starting from stopped I choose a gear then shuttle it to forward seems like the only way. Please educate me on this older beast. Thank you.

Replies4
  1. #1stinky642025-05-22 10:55

    Don't know how that particular beast works but, if it's your newly acquired machine or one you will be working a lot, would highly recommend ordering or downloading at least the operators manual before something gets damaged. Drive train repairs are very spendy. Just a suggestion.

  2. #2jubejube992025-05-22 11:03

    Great thanks

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-05-22 11:49

    @jubejube99 , you have the option to download a free copy of the 310A Operators manual at the Deere bookstore. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  4. #4Toolslinger2025-05-22 23:23

    If it's like the 310, the book says you can shift gears on the move, but ranges you should be stopped. I can confirm shift on the move with the gears, having driven it home from where I bought it 20 miles away over hills...