Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310b backhoe problem

Backhoe1987 ยท 2018-08-21 21:20

If anybody has a jd 310b backhoe I would thank you for some help on my hydraulic pump. Two wires are coming from pump and I know idea where to wire them up to.

Replies8
  1. #1JL Sargent2018-08-22 06:56

    Which pump? There are more than one on a 310b. If its the fuel pump, then it needs voltage to open.

  2. #2Backhoe19872018-08-22 09:11

    It's the main hydraulic pump in front of motor that is turn by the crank shaft. Thanks.

  3. #3colson042018-08-22 15:56

    Then the wires should be for the de-stroke solenoid. This only gets powered during the crank cycle while starting. This reduces pressure in the hydraulic pump, allowing the engine to crank faster and start easier. I dont know exactly where they tie in as I'm not near my machine, but it should be to the starting solenoid if I'm not mistaken. That way it inly gets energized while the engine is cranking. I'll look later tonight or tomorrow morning when I am back home.

  4. #4Backhoe19872018-08-22 17:50

    Great for the info. I figured one was gound and the other was a hot. But had no idea where they went. Be looking forward for you to comfirm this. Thanks.

  5. #5Delmer2018-08-22 17:53

    It is the destroke solenoid. It may be 6V and not rated for full voltage. Careful like that. on a differnt "B" backhoe it's fed from the 20A wire which is connected to the 20 wire on the starter relay terminal, that 20 comes directly from the start switch. The other wire would go to 06 ground which just goes to the flywheel houseing, your 310 is probably similar. No resistors in line, but it's on only when the starter is.

  6. #6Backhoe19872018-08-23 11:17

    Thanks allot, when I purchased it the hot wire was wired into alternator which is hot all the time and the gound wire was broken and hooked to nothing. I can correct this now thanks again.

  7. #7Delmer2018-08-23 12:42

    you might want to check it for continuity/ohms to see if it's burned out before you bother hooking it up. Or clicking when you put power to it. Don't put power to it with the coil off the core, it will overheat worse.

  8. #8Backhoe19872018-08-23 16:01

    Will do, thanks again.