Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310c

Vacountryboy ยท 2019-03-30 19:28

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a 310c that would crank slow. I replaced the battery with a new John Deere one and the starter once I realized it was cracked. Now all I get is a click. I got the new starter from Pasco and they advised it was a higher torque starter. I tried using a screwdriver to jump the solenoid and all the starter does is spin and does not engage the flywheel. Is the starter bad? Why is it only clicking when I try to start it by the key? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-03-30 20:48

    Welcome to HEF, Vacountryboy !! If you are using the screwdriver correctly to activate the solenoid and all the starting motor does is spin without engaging the ring-gear you probably have a defective solenoid. I think I would have reinstalled the starter with an OEM one. Delco Remy was it ?

  2. #2Vacountryboy2019-03-30 21:28

    It was an aftermarket one that had been put on prior but I plan on returning the Pasco one tomorrow an getting one from John Deere first thing Monday. Thank you Tinkerer!