Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310d boom cylinder rebuild/remove

Richie0 · 2021-09-25 15:40

Hello, the boom cylinder on my 93 JD 310d has started squirting oil out of the main boom cylinder seals. How do I get the boom cylinder out of the boom to have it rebuilt? I can only find one hydraulic line when I look for how it would come out.. has anyone done this?

Replies4
  1. #1Midnightmoon2021-09-25 16:26

    This cylinder?

  2. #2Richie02021-09-25 18:00

    Hi midnight, that’s the one. I have seen that video, is there a reason it’s not taken off of the machine? The guy rebuilding it would prefer to have it in the shop vs on the machine.

  3. #3Midnightmoon2021-09-25 18:13

    Swing the boom to one side lower it down like in the picture knock out pins and slide it out. The guy in the video may not have been able to get that pin out or he rebuilt it himself. I just fixed a cylinder on a machine because when the customer put it back together he wrecked the seals

  4. #4Richie02021-09-25 19:33

    If I pull both pins are the flex lines long enough to get it out? Or should I remove them first?