I have been having some issues with the alternator light staying on also there is a buzzing sound when the park break switch is on. ive had this machine for two years I bought it at an auction and these problems have been an issue from the beginning
Serial Number?
s/n 2004 john deere 310g 4x4 T0310GX934593
Buzzer on when park brake applied or released? Does everything else work electrically (lights, AC, accessories, etc)? Did you check voltage at the batteries when running to see if it is charging or not? Check all your grounds...at the starter area, frame near the starter, under the loader lever cover and I think the right side of the machine behind the right rear tire connecting the cab to the top side of the main frame.
I will check the grounds to be sure I replaced the altantor recently thinking that was the issue but that was not the problem all the lights and radio heater and accessories work the buzzing is when the brake is on only
I recently bought a 310SG with a constant alt light. I knew it was charging, so I figured it was just some other bug in the wiring. It was that, but it was right at the input to the monitor panel. The pin literally pulled out of the board when I disconnected it. The red wire you’re looking for runs from M1 on the starter to J2 pin A on the monitor. The lamp comes on when a low voltage is seen at the monitor panel end. BTW, the monitor panel ain’t cheap.
an update on this machine I found a bad connector under the cab of the machine my next problem though is that buzzing sound I keep hearing when the park brake is applied from what i can hear it is coming from the hydraulic pump so my question is is that a sign that the pump is going out ? there is also the right outriger that tends to bleed off as well but the loader and boom functions seem to be fine
Thanks for the update Jason. By doing that you have no doubt helped someone else with the same problem. Any chance the buzzing sound is the parking brake on warning ? It is only supposed to buzz when the transmission is put in gear with parking brake on.
that is what I first thought when I heard it but I make sure it is in neutral it is kinda intermitten like when it is first turned on there is no sound but after the machine is warmed up a little it starts to buzz
I've noticed on my 310E if the key hangs up a little towards the "starting" position after cranking the battery light will stay on. Returning key to correct "run" position and light will turn off.
thats a good point about the key switch it was the first thing i replaced thinking that could have been the problem