Hello I have a 04 Jd 310g backhoe that starts and runs fine but when I hit the throttle it starts to bogg down and miss a bit at about 1500rpm and will exhaust light white smoke at that point. I replaced the injection pump, fuel filter and cleaned strainer in the tank and have bled the fuel system. She fires up no problem but has no guts at all under load. Anyone else have a similar problem? Thank you! Chris
Adjust the timing.. Mark the pump & block as a starting point. Loosen the 3 nuts and rotate the pump SLIGHTLY, opposite the normal direction of rotation..and tighten back down.. Give it a try, if its worse, go the other way.. Is it the mechanical pump or electronic?? Stanadyne or CAV/Dephi..?? Sounds like the timing is retarded.. You said what you replaced, but not 1 word about timing.. Do you have a manual for this engine??
Hey thanks for responding, appreciate it! I do not have a manual for the engine unfortunately. Here is a picture of the pump
Yeah, that's a Stanadyne DE electronic pump.. There are 2 pins that HAVE TO be used to time that pump & engine.. Its easily checked by dropping the pins in at the same time.. The drive shaft HAS TO BE degreased and torqued.. There is no key, so the holding is done soley by the taper on the dr. shaft and gear.. coulda slipped.. Better check the timing w/ the pins.