Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310J solenoid removal

Mimers · 2020-01-27 15:31

Hey there! Trying to swap solenoid #7 &8 to test to see if I have a bad solenoid keeping my parking brake from releasing. Only trouble is I cant get the solenoids out. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612020-01-28 04:19

    Grab with channel lock pliers, twist and pull.

  2. #2JL Sargent2020-01-28 09:16

    Carefully though.

  3. #3heymccall2020-01-28 09:27

    Twist left and right to unstick Orings, then pull straight up. Occasionally, I can get a thin screwdriver under one ear once rotated back and forth. At that point, leverage it up and out with the ears.

  4. #4Mimers2020-01-28 09:48

    So I've tried all that with no success... how stuck should these be? Feel like I'm going to destroy the solenoid before I get it out. Pulled pretty hard so far and have seen no movement. Have spun the solenoid a full 360°

  5. #5mg23612020-01-29 04:21

    Post a serial number please. Is the park brake pressure switch on top of the park brake OK? That can keep you from releasing the park brake. Did you measure the ohms of the solenoid (spec is approx 10 - 11Ω)? Pull as hard as necessary, you are probably going to replace it anyhow.

  6. #6micknick2023-04-14 09:17

    Bringing this old thread back to life... Is that the resistance in which all transmission/shift solenoids should be seeing? I've got a 310J that is stuck in gear until the oil heats up at which point it will shift.

  7. #7mg23612023-04-14 11:55

    Welcome to HEF micknick ! Yep

  8. #8cbritt9272025-10-10 16:56

    Mimers - did you ever get these out? I'm having the same struggle. Trying to test the solenoids. Stuck in park.... What ended up being the issue for you?