Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310SG code problem

dodgedad ยท 2013-11-30 10:13

I have a 2004 JD 310SG that is throwing the F9C4 code and have been told that it means no communication between the the ECU and inside the cab somewhere. Checked the two red wires going to the ECU and got power on one with the ignition switch on and no power to the other one at all. Does anyone have a wiring diagram out there that i could use to trace this down. Does the ECU give lots of problems on these machines ? thanks

Replies5
  1. #1dodgedad2013-12-07 17:11

    IS there no one out there with a John Deere ?????,that might be able to help

  2. #2Canadian_digger2013-12-07 18:57

    No sure if that's the code I had with one of mine, but sound like the same thing the dealer told me when I called them. No communication. I switched my ECM with one of my other backhoes and the code showed up on the other machine. So that told me the ECM was the problem. I had to install and have deere programme a new ECM, code gone. I'm not saying to go out and buy a new ECM but it could be your problem. You wouldn't have another backhoe that you could try switching the ECM with?

  3. #3dodgedad2013-12-08 12:11

    Thankyou for your reply Canadian digger, i dont have access to another one but i am also getting other codes now to so am thinking that it must be ECM. F470 code showed up yesterday and one other one thaqt i cant remeber right now. I am going to try and take all the connectors apart and spray in dielectric grease in them and hope for the best. I found a supplier for ECM in the southern states for about half the price of here but havent asked yet if it is genuine jd parts.

  4. #4dodgedad2013-12-09 18:52

    Well as of today these are the codes i have been getting as i have it running now. F9AE , F9C4 , F495 this cant be good.

  5. #5kellypeterson2018-04-26 20:49

    Dodge dad did new ecm solve your problem