Morning I am new to the forum and would appreciate any advice for my issue. I have a 310sg John Deere loader backhoe, 2001 year that keeps blowing the 10 amp fuse for the parking (servo/brake?) when you engage the shuttle shift lever. starts fine with a new fuse and disengages the brake when you hit the switch, it will coast forward or backward but It Immediately blows the 10 amp fuse when you put the shuttle shift lever in gear (either forward or reverse) and both the park brake light and the flashing stop icons light up. I have looked for a short under the floor plate but this is a new puppy for me and I have no manual. I've scheduled a service visit from the dealer here but it won't happen for a week out. Any help would reallyh be appreciated. Thanks Michael
Welcome to HEF Jasper ! Need more info. Need the machine serial number, please.
The serial number is T0310SG 904834 This problem has me really stumped
So you have a Powershift transmission? If the F10 10 amp fuse does not blow with the park brake released, but does when placed into gear, then the issue will be anywhere from the FNR range switch downstream (including wiring) to the timer relay or any of the direction or speed solenoids. Does it blow in all ranges (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th), Forward and Reverse? I PM'd you.
I checked what different gears would do and it blows fuses in 1st and 2nd, but I was able to move it under power in 3rd with out the fuse popping. Wow, I wouldn't have checked through them like that individually thanks. I have pretty much bought all the 10 amp fuses in the Springfield area gonna have to head to Eugene for more. Still have a few left.
I believe the issue will be with speed solenoid 2, it's diode or wiring. That solenoid is the middle solenoid inside the bottom control valve on your transmission. Unplug that valve and see if your short goes away. If it does not, then the problem is in the wiring or the diode. Also, a good place to check is at the rear top right side of the transmission, just above the upper transmission control valve, the wiring likes to rub through where the wiring passes over one of the control valve cover mounting bolts.
thanks for all you're doing for me I will check those things this morning. I really appreciate your help it's over and above .
I took off the caps from the solenoids one at a time and tested whether the fuse would blow or not. They are all stacked up and down in a row on the side of the tranny so I assume the top is 1 and next down is 2 and 3 on the bottom. The top or number 1 with cap off parking brake light goes off blows fuse in 1st and 2nd but 3rd and 4th fuse fine and it will move wheels. Number 2 cap off parking brake light does not go off did not blow fuse in any gear. could not move wheels. Number 3 or bottom solenoid blows fuse in 1st and 2nd gear but not 3rd and 4th park brake light goes off wheels still locked won't turn in 3rd and 4th. Hope this is of help. I have a service truck coming on Wednesday this I think is a little out of my league, more than a little I think. I really appreciate your input. thanks
Nope. Wrong solenoids. Top one is the diff lock, middle one is the park brake and the bottom one is for MFWD. The solenoids I am talking about are inside the transmission controls valves. They can't be seen from the outside. Let us know the end result after the tech is finished there.
I will and thanks again for your help. Not having a manual is causing a bit of confusion for me. I don't want a pdf version I much prefer a hands on paper volume. I'm having no luck in finding one so far I need to search more.
Print the PDF version?
I found a manual on Ebay. The factory ones go fast when they show up there. It has all the grease and wear from use that I would expect from being an original. I hope to not have to use it too much but........ I was a boy scout so the motto be prepared comes to mind.
John Deere service truck came early today. He found a short in the Shift lever wire loom just under the fuse panel where it had rubbed a spot off a wire. Had to take off the plastic guard under the steering wheel to access it. He couldn't get the wire off the connector to shrink wrap the busted part so he taped it up and it's useable for now. I have a new one on order and It's something I can replace myself. Thanks for all the replies.