Hello all HEF members! Has anyone ventured to dismantle their air conditioner cabin ductwork? Is this a daunting job? I suspect there's some dead critter somewhere inside because the stench keep getting worse everyday In addition, I have been thinking for some time to do a cleaning of this system anyway and have investigated the parts catalogue to have an idea of how parts fit between each other. My biggest concern is I suspect I may have to completely remove the seat assembly to have better access. Is this correct? I would love to be able to give the evaporator a good wash and make sure the drain pan/hose is unobstructed. Lastly, since some of this ductwork runs underneath the floor boards, could it be possible to flush (hose down) these with soap and water and get some way of draining it without removing? I would then install new cabin air filter and outside air filter and deodorize the whole thing. Your comments before I embark on this are greatly appreciated! Thank you! P.S.-I might even remove the cabin heater core and related hoses since this is not needed down here in this latitude.
Not necessary, but makes the job a heck of a lot easier. I always either remove the seat, or slide it away from the HVAC unit. Bottom piece of duct under the cab would have to be removed, or you will just fill it up with water.
Hello mg2361, Glad to hear from you! Thanks for your good advice always. Regarding that duct under the cab...I don't know yet how difficult it may be to remove/replace. Maybe I could make a drain hole with a hole saw and seal it afterwards with a rubber plug of sorts?
You could do that.
I found a very good video going through the a/c system on a 310SG which is pretty much the same as in my SJ (except for the receiver/dryer type and location). The gentleman describing the system does a great job in my opinion. Hopefully other forum members may benefit from these. Thanks!