Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 319E 2-speed not working.

Lsaconroe87 ยท 2024-03-09 10:13

I am currently working on a 319E skid steer. I was able to fix the issue with the right joystick grip. Now, the problem that I am having now is no 2 speed. I have tried to find a good schematic to pin out the issue, but no luck. SN#1T0319EJCEJ263415

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612024-03-10 07:19

    According to the build codes, that machine is a single speed unit, not a 2 speed.

  2. #2Lsaconroe872024-03-10 11:14

    Ok, so the complaint that I got, was that the left hand joystick stooped engaging the rabbit. So after looking up the codes i only got codes for the right joystick. But my buddy insist that the left joystick would activate a secondary speed to travel faster when going from point A to B. So I go into the service menu, then to diagnostic, finally to Switches and scroll down to 2-speed. It was displaying -- next to it. Did not display on nor off.

  3. #3mg23612024-03-11 05:21

    Don't know what to tell you. He insists he has 2 speed? Here is what the build code page displays. Does he have more than one machine and is confusing which one has which option? If the unit does not have 2 speed, then I would expect the readings in monitor to be --. If it had the option and if there was an issue with the 2 speed switch, then there would be codes for that switch/circuit.

  4. #4Lsaconroe872024-03-11 09:30

    Yes, he does have more than one machine. I'll explain it to him and will provide him with the build code for his transmission.

  5. #5Lsaconroe872024-03-11 09:41

    What I am thinking is that he is confusing the two speed for creep mode disengaging at the left joystick. But again I have no codes for that.

  6. #6Lsaconroe872024-03-11 14:44

    I was able to get some codes 522447.05 and code 522450.05. This was after I replaced the creep mode switch.

  7. #7mg23612024-03-11 19:01

    Those codes are for the forward solenoids for the right and left side pumps. With those codes, I usually find a terminal crimp issue within the solenoid connector.