I have a John Deere 320 skid steer 2006 that has been running great until this morning. It starts just fine and stays running until I engage the hydraulics, release the parking brake and engage the seat belt switch. A couple of times the dashboard went off as well. Any ideas where I need to start looking for the issue?
Welcome to HEF Tommy ! Let's start with a machine serial number. Explain the "exact" order you are performing when starting the machine. Also, are there any codes in the monitor?
PIN # T00320A123004 Start engine, no problem. Engage seat belt switch. turn on hydraulics, no problems. release parking brake - unit shuts off. Also, when I turn on hydraulics and release parking brake, it stays running until I engage the seat belt switch. No codes
Checked wire shorts and didn't really find anything. Tried running again, engaged the seat belt switch, then this time it shut off when I engaged the hydraulics.
Check that you auxiliary hydraulics are not engaged or partially engaged.
Auxiliarys are not engaged. This time I got the usual lights on and noise when I sat down then I heard a relay under the seat and lost power before starting.
Update, I pulled the Auto Shutdown Relay to test it. The coil was good. Had a miniscule Ohm reading on the contacts. Gave it a few taps with my tool and put it back in. Unit running fine. Will replace this $20.00 in the next day or so.