Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 329D track vibration

77Ford ยท 2021-06-14 09:25

I have a 329D with 2400 hours with newer tracks and sprockets (when I bought it ). When I put in high speed and drive about 1/2 throttle it gets a real big vibration, I feel are coming from the tracks. If I drive wide open, it goes away. Is this normal for these machines?

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612021-06-15 05:55

    I hate to be a smart a**, but don't drive at half throttle. Whether it has a detrimental effect on your machine or not to run them at half throttle, I firmly believe skid steers/CTL's should always be run at full throttle. Are you sure it is the tracks? Usually a track issue is all the time. How about if you drive over asphalt, does the machine seem to hop? Other than the obvious like rocks/dirt jammed into the tracks, bad idlers or rollers or loose sprocket, it is most likely your tracks.

  2. #277Ford2021-06-15 08:59

    When on uneven ground it's hard to power thru and run WOT, however I hear what you're saying. The tracks are new but I realize they could still have an issue. I've not ran it on dry asphalt I can give that a try, the sprockets were replaced with the tracks, I can check the bolts make sure they've not come loose. All the rollers seem ok thanks for the ideas.