Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 329E

Skidjoe123 · 2025-01-19 12:35

Well guy’s I finally got the flywheel and crank sensor replaced and it took about 5 hours to get it out and about 6-7 hours to finish (not too bad). I was reluctant to take it apart at first because I couldn’t believe that something inside the bell housing was beating up the crank sensor so bad it looked like someone took a hammer to it. Well the flywheel runs so close to the crank sensor that the littlest piece of dabrie would affect it. I found the culprit it was a small bolt that is part of the starter plate behind the starter gear(plate with 3 little bolts on it ) and one of those little bolts came out and raised hell in there with no noise of it. This was all due to trying to save 400.00 on a new John Deere starter verses a Chinese starter. I learned my lesson on that one. One good thing was I found a good used flywheel fr rock Bally tractor parts for 364.00 instead of a new one at 1150.00. Now I’m on to checking out the valve lash adjustment and looking into #2 injector says it’s low and out of range.any ideas ?To start I gave it a hot soak with sea foam in oil, fuel and fuel filter well se if that helps with the injector .

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612025-01-19 12:59

    How about the specific code number (SPN/FMI)? Machine serial number as well. I also asked to have this moved to Compact Track Loaders where it belongs.

  2. #2Skidjoe1232025-01-21 05:37

    It’s a Model, 2013 John Deere 329E The vin is 1T329EMPDE251100 The codes I’m getting are. ECU522323- air box switch 163.05 - cylinder #2 injector #2 out of range (low). It’s also running a little rough and I think it might be the injector.

  3. #3mg23612025-01-21 11:59

    The 522323.00 could be a restricted air cleaner. The 163.05 does not come up. Post a picture of that code please.

  4. #4Skidjoe1232025-01-22 07:53

    I’ll check that code again, but the air restriction code I checked the air box for restrictions and it’s clear I also removed the sensor and it looks clean but I sprayed some carb cleaner on it and put it back. My filters a fairly new and I always keep it blown out. I suspect the sensor is bad but don’t know how to check it any thought’s.

  5. #5mg23612025-01-22 11:56

    That is checked using vacuum with a water manometer. Spec is around 13 inches of water (about 1.8 inches of mercury).