Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 329E wheel speed sensor

cparmer ยท 2018-10-02 18:37

I have a JD 329e compact track loader. Recently it started driving erratically and eventually stopped moving. The trouble code "left wheel speed sensor erratic or incomplete data" came on. I have lifted the cab and checked connections, i pulled the inspection plate on the front side of the wheel motor and tried to see if the connection was loose but it looks like i am going to have to pull the track off to get to it. First question is does the wheel speed sensor have to be calibrated or will the computer need to be reset if i install a new one. Second question is what is the best way to get the track off when the wheel motor will not turn. i have never replaced a track without the motor turning. Also the loader has selectable ISO or H pattern controls. I operate in iso bu use H pattern when i replace the tracks so i can operate the tracks seperately more precisely.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612018-10-03 05:37

    Yes the track has to come off to access the speed sensor. Yes it needs to be recalibrated. If you have access to a lifting device (overhead crane, "A" frame, Backhoe) you could lift the track off the sprocket. That is what I do with a dead machine.

  2. #2cparmer2018-10-03 08:25

    Thanks mg2361. Will the sensor have to be calibrated by john deere dealer or is it an adjustment that can be done by myself.

  3. #3mg23612018-10-03 12:07

    Anyone with a service manual can do it. I attached the page from the service manual. Make sure the wiring from the controller all the way to the sensor is good. Any other codes (stored or active) related to the hydrostats?

  4. #4cparmer2018-10-03 14:25

    Thanks. The only recent codes are 1594.02 and 1594.01. Both are speed sensor codes

  5. #5GB Oilfield2019-05-28 10:09

    Did the speed sensor correct the problem

  6. #6DanBoyer2019-11-06 06:28

    Did you replace the speed sensor yet? If so did it fix the problem. I have a 324e I am currently experiencing the same issue with.