Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 333G

tehenson21 ยท 2019-08-31 10:09

I have a 2017 john deere 333g skid steer and had two codes. Ecu 522329.00 which was high Walter in the fuel. So I drained the fuel and replaced the filter and water separator filter. Then I have a error code VCU 158.04 and I cannot find what this code is or where to begin to fix it. Let me explain what the machine is doing. It is having trouble cranking and then it will run for a minute or two then it will idle down and shut off. It seem to happen quicker when I making a sharp turn or I have a frontal brush cutter attached to it. I've also wondering if there is air in the fuel system, but I dont know what is the best way to bleed the machine. Any advice would be welcoming, I've been working on this issue for about 3 days about had it with this machine. Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2019-08-31 11:46

    If it starts and runs it would not seem that it would be air in the system. I have zero experience with Deere, but it would appear to me that something else is not right. Maybe the water took out the injection pump or injector. I had that happen on my 590 SN and it was an injector. It would start but not run right and low on power. That was from a water in fuel issue that the filter didn't catch apparently. These high pressure systems are intolerant of water.

  2. #2tehenson212019-08-31 12:00

    Thank you, I will look into that and get back if it's fixed or not.

  3. #3mg23612019-09-01 06:42

    First, Welcome to HEF 21 ! Serial number would be a help. Also is it an "EH" machine? Did this shut down issue start after you changed the fuel and filters? When it shuts down any codes active at that moment? If there are any stored codes list them also please. 158.04 is system voltage below normal. It could have happened if the battery was run down a little when trying to start it.