Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 333G backup camera

Jlierl · 2021-06-15 15:22

Thanks for the ad! When I’m using my JD 333G skid steer w the forestry mulcher, my backup camera goes out after 20 minutes and gives the error code 1/1 VC1 520760.02. Restart of engine results in restoring the camera but only for about 2-3 minutes before it goes out again.

Replies32
  1. #1Jlierl2021-06-15 15:24
  2. #2mg23612021-06-16 05:34

    Welcome to HEF jlierl ! Serial number? 520760.02 is "Camera Signal Invalid". Basically, you could have an open circuit, shorted circuit, software malfunction or a hardware malfunction. That narrows is down, doesn't it?

  3. #3Jlierl2021-06-16 21:29
  4. #4Jlierl2021-06-16 21:35

    The camera is mounted in the metal grill 2 inches from a 3 ft diameter fan that expels all the heat generated by the track loader. Is there such a thing as a heat resistant camera?

  5. #5mg23612021-06-17 04:48

    Not that I am aware of. Was post number 4 supposed to be the serial number? I still need that for accurate information. It is a picture of the code.

  6. #6Jlierl2021-06-17 10:53

    Here is the serial number and pic of the camera

  7. #7Jlierl2021-06-17 10:54

    Posted the serial number and pic of the camera

  8. #8mg23612021-06-17 11:52

    Sorry, I should have been more clear on what I need. I need the machine serial number, not the camera or software numbers.

  9. #9Jlierl2021-06-17 23:52

    1T0333GMKHF310042

  10. #10mg23612021-06-18 05:11

    Based on your serial number there is new software available for most of your controllers including the video controller. I recommend that you get the dealer to update all your software first. Can't say it will be the fix for your particular issue but you need to start there. There is a Deere solution (our term for service bulletin) that addresses video freeze up or going blank and the fix is a software update.

  11. #11Jlierl2021-06-18 11:58

    I greatly appreciate your information. Unfortunately I have major problems with the dealership where I have spent a lot of money and had my time wasted. Just had a good meeting with a different Deere dealer about this issue and they didn’t know of that service advisory. Is there a special designated code to advise them? Is there any way an estranged customer can find out solutions to the problems Deere already knows about?

  12. #12mg23612021-06-18 12:12

    All I can say is your machine has the software that is listed in the solution as the fix, but Deere has since updated that software. Unfortunately we are not told what the software is addressing. Also the solution does not necessarily mean that is what is wrong with your machine. Nope.

  13. #13Jlierl2021-06-18 12:27

    Thanks again. I will need to convey this information to someone who can update Deere software. Would you be interested in the outcome?

  14. #14mg23612021-06-19 05:35

    Absolutely.

  15. #15B. Jones2021-07-03 15:05

    Any news on this? I’m seeing the same issue with my 333g. It’s a 2020 model and this is the second camera installed. I thought the first was damaged and it was supposedly replaced under warranty. 2 months later and the replacement doesn’t work either. Same codes as your issue.

  16. #16Jlierl2021-07-04 10:42

    I spent $318 to have the software update. The image went out 20 minutes into bush cutting just like before the upgrade. This time there’s no error code generated, and restarting the machine no longer restores the image at all. I have not yet restarted the machine today cold.

  17. #17Jlierl2021-07-04 10:45

    Software update didn’t correct anything but did cost 318 dollars.

  18. #18mg23612021-07-05 06:15

    No codes now? Interesting. When a dealer updates software their laptops should be connected to the network to upload that information to Deere. According to what I see the software has not been updated (or uploaded). If you go into your monitor and look at the screen you posted above did the version change? It should read: P/N - AT452238 Version - 02.11 If it reads the above version then I would check power and grounds to the camera and the monitor when it fails to make sure they are good. Make sure the F33 fuse is nice and snug in its connection. You may have to test the "CAN" wiring as well to make sure it does not have any opens or shorts as well. If they all check out then I would suspect a camera issue. I PM'd you.

  19. #19Jlierl2021-07-05 16:02

    Previous version was 00.04 and currently it’s 02.11; Previous build number was 00062 and current is 2.11.3-ci00001. Part number did not change. Unfortunately I don’t have the expertise to check the electronic parameters you mentioned. This happens when the machine warms up to it’s operating temperature in the summer. I swept snow for hours with no problem last winter. Last summer the machine was kept by the dealership for 2 months to replace a $350 manifold and the camera issue was not the focus, but it happened then too. There’s only 555 hours on the machine. How common is the camera problem in 333g’s? Someone else on this conversation had the original camera and the warranty replacement stop working. Hate to keep frying $500 plus cameras if they are not built for it!

  20. #20mg23612021-07-06 05:18

    I have not seen any issues to date with the system, but that's not to say that there aren't any. Just at our branch we haven't experienced issues....yet.

  21. #21mg23612021-07-15 05:23

    How did you make out?

  22. #22hevnbnd2023-09-06 10:04

    Did you come up with a solution? I have a 333G with only 50 hours and out of warranty. Deere said it needs a software update as well. Update performed and then no video next day. Now they want $671 for the crappy camera AT466877 to be replaced. I am thinking about a $20 camera from Amazon and wiring it into the screen...

  23. #23Will.NWA2023-10-03 16:40

    I have a 2020 JD 325G with approx. 200 hrs and having similar issue. For some reason mine does not work when I start it but once it gets up to operating temps it starts working. Weather has been 70s-90s when this has been happening. I am also getting code thrown. Curios if anyone has found a solution yet? Thanks in advance for any info!

  24. #24Stupidmud2024-02-03 12:18

    I also have a 2020 333G and I have the same problem. Started around 30 hours and it’s still the same at 300 hours. It started out only during the summer but it happens in any weather now. Been to the dealer once and they weren’t sure but said they would be happy to replace the camera. I said no thanks. That was two years ago. Not sure I want to waste more time with them.

  25. #25restadca2024-04-04 16:59

    Did anyone find a fix to this issue? I am having the same issues. Tried a new camera, checked the fuses, then checked the wiring with no luck.

  26. #26KSSS2024-04-04 19:56

    With this list of camera issues just what has shown up here, Deere must be aware of the problem and have an idea what the issue is.

  27. #27Credm8062024-10-08 21:28

    Hello guys, any word on this issue? I'm a new owner with a 2019 325g that has about 300 hrs and about 3 hours out of the dealer lot the camera goes out. No codes are generated, but I included the stored codes in case those are relevant. I have very limited time in this machine and I'm a noob, so I'll take all the pointers I can. Thank you. Chris

  28. #28mg23612024-10-09 05:02

    Welcome to HEF Credm806 ! Edit. Many camera failures. Deere has yet to acknowledge. I only see one code above, not related to the camera system. Plus, all the controllers, including the rear camera system has new updated software available. I suggest getting them updated first. Most likely won't fix your issue and you will end up buying a camera anyway.

  29. #29Credm8062024-10-09 15:15

    Really appreciate the quick reply! I'll try to get somewhere with the local dealer, unlikely. Take care! Chris

  30. #30Allemay2025-03-08 10:46

    I know this is an old post but I'm having similar issues. Sometimes the camera works fine. Most of the time it's fuzzy. Sometimes I get the error code you posted and the screen is blank. Sometimes the camera rolls. The connection right near the camera seems fine. If anyone can tell me where the other connections are that would be helpful. thanks

  31. #31mg23612025-03-09 06:43

    The rear camera connection comes from a connector (6 pin) on the right side of the machine on the bracket that that connects the cooling package to the main frame (accessed through the right side engine side shield), then to another connector (8 pin, lower of the two) mounted on the right pillar, accessed from the right engine side shield also, then onto the right side round 14 pin connector above the rear window, then to the screen. A serial number would ensure more accurate information. I supplied the connector information for a Final Tier 4 machine. Even within that manual there are serial number breaks.

  32. #32John Sarappa2025-03-21 16:01

    My screen on my 325g is doing the same thing! It used to come and go but now it’s stuck like your picture. Out of warranty with less than 100 hours!