Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 333g HST Calibration

RacerX775 ยท 2023-08-30 17:24

I replaced a left side speed sensor due to 1594.01 code went to go calibrate speed/HST threshold. and the unit fails calibration, right track turns slow causing it to pull hard right in the field, got it in shop and lifted and right track still turns slower than left side causing failed calibration. only issue now is trouble code 523107.13 unit operates perfectly fine besides saying check trouble codes. and only pulls right when attempting to calibrate.

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612023-08-31 05:48

    Welcome to HEF RacerX ! First thing required will be the complete machine serial number. Did the 1594 code go away? Did you mean 523108.13, instead of 523107.13? Did it mistrack before the speed sensor failure? What specific message, if any, displays in the monitor when it fails the calibration? Are there any other codes stored in the monitor? When it fails, are you still in the forward phase of threshold, or reverse? Are you holding the lever firmly against the stop in each direction?

  2. #2RacerX7752023-08-31 09:19

    Thanks! I believe the serial number is 1T0333GMCHF320842 yes I meant 523108.13 it did not mistrack. just had check service code message and 1594 would be active after full lever throttle. got to the plug and found it to be okay, so I ordered and replaced sensor, after sensor replacement 1594 would still come up under full throttle. so I figured calibration needed. unit still operates with no issues when it fails calibration it sets the park brake and gives "calibration failed" message. haven't got past the forward stage of threshold calibration. during speed or threshold calibration the right side track turns slower than the left side. the 1594 hasn't come back only the check service codes 523108.13 active and stored. unit still operates with no issues at this time.Only has check service codes message upon start up.

  3. #3mg23612023-08-31 12:03

    Based on your serial number, there is new software available for your ECU, VCU, EMU, and DCU. The VCU software on your unit is old enough that it may have an issue with losing calibration values. The newer software addresses that. I would suggest having the dealer come out and update all your controllers to the latest software. Then try the calibration again. I think the updated software will fix your issue.

  4. #4RacerX7752023-08-31 14:37

    Thanks, will give that a try. Its the only skid we have on the ranch, and the closest dealer is 250miles away. I appreciate the help, will post an update if we ever send it down to Vegas.