Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 350C track adjuster.

CaptainAnalyzer ยท 2015-12-03 00:14

I have an old John Deere 350 C that I've done a steering clutch on, and I'm trying to adjust the track. On the bottom of the adjuster it has a 1/8" hole I've never seen before on an adjuster. It is not threaded and it looks like it's factory as there is paint inside. Every time I pump grease, it flows directly out of the hole. It was fine when it came in, and there is no evidence of it leaking previously. Machine serial number: 220679T I'm about to weld this damn hole up.

Replies7
  1. #1d9gdon2015-12-03 08:40

    That is the grease relief I think, and it's supposed to be there. You should be able to back the jam nut off that square headed bolt and then tighten it down until it bottoms out. It works like a shut off valve, as it's pointed on the end and seats in a recess. It's used to loosen the track when you need to take out the master link.

  2. #2CaptainAnalyzer2015-12-03 15:31

    According to Service Advisor, we are missing the little ball on the inside that seals on the seat inside the hole.

  3. #3d9gdon2015-12-03 19:59

    That would do it.

  4. #4CaptainAnalyzer2015-12-04 11:45

    Going to finish this pile today, should I just weld that hole shut? No time to pull the rod out and possibly ruin the seal.

  5. #5OMF2015-12-05 21:06

    Fix it proper...you'll just be f'ing it up for the next guy...

  6. #6mikebramel2015-12-05 21:37

    Can't see much of it but can you tap and insert a pipe plug

  7. #7CaptainAnalyzer2015-12-06 00:02

    https://vimeo.com/147979465 outta sight outta mind.