I have a 35D mini excavator and the control for the auxiliary hydraulics stopped working. Is there a relay for that switch. The Deere dealer can't figure out the part number for that switch. Also looking for the Technical Service manual for this machine
Welcome to HEF Pooldigger ! Need a machine serial number. Do you have buttons on the right lever or do you have an auxiliary foot pedal? If on the handle, check your F8 fuse (did you lose two speed travel as well?). And if it is on the handle then the answer to your question is no, there is no relay.
The serial #1FF035DXP90265196. Controls are on the right joystick. so an update I let the machine sit overnight and the next morning the thumb control worked for most of the day then I shut the machine off and started it up again later and no thumb control
Sounds like an intermittent connection or switch issue. Power comes from the F8 fuse to the handle and then from the handle directly to the auxiliary solenoids. Those solenoids can only be accessed by tilting the cab. I believe they are mounted directly to the bottom of the cab just below the right lever. So check the wiring real good through the whole circuit. If you tilt the cab then this would be a good time to check the platform harness ground (which is where those solenoids get their ground) which should be somewhere under the door step on the underside of the cab.
Ok. Thank you!! Do those solenoids go bad? I fired up the machine today and the switch doesn't work. I checked all of the wiring at the switch itself and it all looked good. Where is that large fuse panel located? My machine just has a small fuse panel behind the door under the seat.
The solenoids can go bad and stick... sometimes seeming random depending on heat...etc... but your best bet is some sort of wiring issue. If you don't want to start throwing parts at it you could wire in an 'indicator' led or buzzer directly from the solenoid terminals so you will know when it quits working if there is voltage going to the solenoid at that time.
Thank you! I'll tilt the cab on Monday and see if I can chase all of the wiring and make sure I have power at the solenoids
When we used to install thumbs on machines our biggest problem was the wiring to the joystick.Because it is bending all the time the wire would harden and break inside the loom right where it bends . Might be a place to look.
3rd fuse from the bottom (20 A) is the fuse for your lever, but that is not your problem if you have intermittent issues. If your aux doesn't work but you still have two speed then the wiring from source (battery) to the fuse would be good. Your issue would be aux circuitry specific. Joeblow is correct, there have been many issues with the wiring from constant bending where the controller handle pivots. Good place to check.