Well I just get my 2007 Deere 35D back home and when I go in both forward and reverse the left track is slower so the machine mistracks to the left with both sticks fully engaged forward. This happens in both forward and reverse. Is there anyone that could help point me in the right direction on what to check for in this situation? Both final drives have been recently replaced. Any help would be appreciated.
Good day Terry If you visit excatech.org choose the library > common defects >weak crawlers there you will find trouble shooting advice. Kind regards Uffex
Welcome to HEF Terry ! Serial number? Does it mistrack in both turtle mode and rabbit mode?
Attached is the serial number. I'm outlying to troubleshoot and noticed there are 2 different brand final drives installed. Is it possible there are major speed variations between manufacturers?
Yes the left track is considerably slower than the right track. I put some paint on the tracks and the left track is about a 1/4 revolution slower than the right in one pass
I also noticed there is a very little omount of hydraulic fluid coming from around this bolt on the pump.
Is it possible there are major speed variations between manufacturers?[/QUOTE] Yes
I inspected the final drives and there are 2 different brands with a substantial speed difference. I will be matching the drives to see if this allieviates the problem. Thanks all for the replys and suggestions I will post if in fact the slow drive (Japan) is the problem
I agree with Kobelco, absolutely could be a difference. Did you buy it with those motors or were they installed under your ownership? Why were both replaced?
I bought the machine at a auction and it was not taken care of.. the final drives were nothing but sludge in them. I replaced the oil and waited to see how long they lasted. one gave out in a few weeks and the other lasted a couple years so they were both replaced under my ownership but I really didn't think the variation in speed would make such a huge difference until I tried to track up a hill straight Lesson learned