Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 35d right spool valve

Red Rob ยท 2021-07-21 13:36

My 35D just started leaking fluid. Looks to be right propel valve. There's a hole in the side spraying fluid when right side tram lever is moved. Does not leak until I try to tram. Any ideas what is wrong?

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612021-07-22 05:08

    The travel plunger seals (items 5B and C) are leaking and probably filling the housing (item 8A) their in.

  2. #2Red Rob2021-07-22 07:55

    Looks like a plug has blown out of the main valve block.

  3. #3Red Rob2021-07-22 08:07
  4. #4Red Rob2021-07-22 08:15
  5. #5mg23612021-07-22 11:54

    Oh, the spool valve and not the pilot valve. I believe that was a steel ball pressed into a cross drilled passage. That would not be available. You would need to replace the spool section.

  6. #6Monkeywithawrench2021-07-25 19:28

    MG.......could you tap a thread in the housing and thread in a plug?? Just curious.......don't know anything about JD and how its supposed to work. Or at a crude fix, weld the hole up?? Is the ball pressed in just to plug the cross drilled port?? Always trying to learn.

  7. #7mg23612021-07-26 05:23

    I don't see why not. That is what I would try before replacing the section. Yep. I am not 100% sure on that model but I know many cross drilled ports in our product line are plugged with little stainless steel balls.