Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 4024r

rmllarue91 ยท 2020-03-31 20:03

Hey hef I got a electronic motor looking for a wiring schematic it's a power unit just trying to start it.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612020-04-01 05:38

    Any codes? Did this engine shut down during operation or just did not start the next day? Any smoke when cranking?

  2. #2Vetech632020-04-01 06:59

    OH BOYYYY!!!

  3. #3MarshallPowerGen2020-04-02 15:31

    What's it in?

  4. #4rmllarue912020-04-03 21:50

    It is some type of power unit I'm just looking for a schematic I got four red wires and one black among others in harness if anyone has and schematic for anything with a 4024 they could send me easy I'd like to take a peak. This is missing control panel and just wonder what ecm needs for powers and grounds.

  5. #5MarshallPowerGen2020-04-03 22:57

    By "power unit", do you mean a generator? I ask because the wiring will depend on what it's installed in, what controller it runs, and what was spec'd for sensors and safeties by that manufacturer. That's why the Deere service manual doesn't have a wiring section. I have a couple of manuals with wiring for the 4024, one for an Atlas Copco air compressor and also a Generac 50kW operators manual. PM me your email and I'll send them your way.

  6. #6rmllarue912020-04-03 23:18

    I'm not sure what was hung from bell housing. I'm shooting in the dark hoping I'll find something I'll be able to find common powers and grounds I'll post a pic of skid if anyone recognizes what is. Thanks

  7. #7rmllarue912020-04-03 23:24

    looks like there was a bunch of these sold like this.

  8. #8mg23612020-04-04 05:03

    If Marshall supplies you with a schematic, the 4024 ECU is wired the same in all applications. The only exception will be one of the posts on the ECU is used for external shutdown and that will be determined by the end user and the software installed on the ECU. Looking at your unit I doubt it will use external shutdown. Terminal B2 on the J02 (Red Faced) connector is switched power. Terminal L1 of the same connector is unswitched battery power. Terminals L2, L3 and M2 of that connector are connected to ground.